The Tübingen Cognitive Assessment for Neuropsychiatric Disorders (TuCAN) took part in the MedTech Startup School 2018. We are proud to announce that they did not only receive BMBF funding, but are now also looking for further manpower to support them.
Join our 2018 alumni team TuCAN!
The Centre for Geriatric Medicine of the University Hospital Tübingen is immediately looking for support in the app-development of the research project TuCAN: Tübingen Cognitive Assessment for Neuropsychiatric Disorders. We are looking for a
Research assistant m/f (65 %, TV-L E13) limited to 3 years starting 01.12.2018 with the objective of graduating with a PhD
The project “TuCAN – A tablet-based screening tool for neuropsychiatric diseases”, funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), is developing a tablet-based screening tool for cognitive symptoms of neuropsychiatric diseases.The goal of the interdisciplinary project TuCAN is the development of a software that enables a comprehensive, user-oriented, and needs-driven tablet-based neuropsychological diagnostic tool. It should support practitioners, assessors, and neuropsychological staff to make more differential diagnoses at earlier stages using tablets and digitizers and, thus, making test administration and evaluation of neuropsychological tests more efficient and effective.
TuCAN uses and digitizes well-established tasks of paper-based diagnostics in order to investigate different neuropsychological functions. The focus is on enabling early differential diagnosis of various neuropsychiatric diseases by using additional data and machine learning.
- Master’s or diploma’s degree in cognitive science or computer science (incl. media, medical, and bioinformatics)
- Programming and project experience in developing apps for current mobile devices (e.g. Android, iOS, UWP, Web apps) is advantageous.
- Very good command of German and English (written and spoken).
- Highly motivated and interested in developing tablet-based apps within medical contexts.
- Experience in machine learning is advantageous.
- Experience in user interface and user experience design is advantageous.
- Conceptualization, design and development of the TuCAN app.
- Development of algorithms to automatically evaluate diagnostic tasks with machine learning
- Scientific work in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Administration of a scientific study for the validation and standardization of the TuCAN app
What we offer
- Independent work in an interdisciplinary and international scientific environment with flat hierarchies.
- Funds for topic-related research, training and conference visits.
- Regular thesis discussions with peers and supervisory teams, plus retreats, lectures, and workshops with renowned international guest researchers;
- The opportunity to shape the development and foundation of a medical technology start-up and to become a part of the founding team.
We are looking forward to your application including a complete CV, degree and other certificates with transcripts of records, as well as a letter of motivation including relevant previous programming and project knowledge sent as one single pdf attachment via email to Christian Mychajliw at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed continuously from November 10.
Severely handicapped persons with equal qualifications are given preferential consideration. The University Hospital Tübingen is anxious to increase its quota of female scientific staff, and therefore emphatically requests women to apply for this position.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Christian Mychajliw, Tel. 07071 29-85358, E-Mail: email@example.com.
More info: www.tucantest.org